Academic Director: Mariette Bates, PhD
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 West 31st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Contact: email@example.com
Disability Studies is an emerging academic field which explores disability and society using overlapping perspectives from the social sciences, humanities, science, and the law. The online BA in Disability Studies offers both a strong foundation in disability theory and history as well as opportunities for in-depth study in one of four concentrations.
Students in the online Bachelor’s Degree in Disability Studies will:
- Learn the history that many textbooks overlook;
- Acquire new ways of thinking about disability;
- Explore socio-medical aspects of disability and the social and physical barriers to full inclusion and integration;
- Learn how to interpret disability law and policy;
- Read first-hand experiences of people with disabilities; and
- Explore what it means to live with a disability.
Applicants must possess at least 24 transferrable credits from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants need to demonstrate basic proficiency in reading, writing, and math.