Academic Program Manager: Jenna Coplin
CUNY School of Professional Studies
101 West 31st Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Contact: email@example.com
The Advanced Certificate in Research Administration prepares students to become successful research administration professionals. The curriculum is designed to provide academic knowledge, allow students to apply basic knowledge to real scenarios, and to transfer and present the knowledge in various formats.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Research Administration Advanced Certificate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the governance, regulatory requirements, ethical standards and good practices related to research and innovation.
- Be able to analyze existing policies, and develop and implement new policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and lead programs around research administration/compliance.
- Evaluate existing research administration/compliance programs, and identify and implement program improvement mechanisms.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate research administration & compliance reports and presentations.
- Be able to organize effectively across functional areas requiring leadership and negotiations.
- Be able to investigate policy related problems, consider alternatives, and perform analysis to reach a conclusion.
Candidates for admission to advanced certificate programs must possess a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher from an accredited undergraduate institution. Applicants are also required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide one letter of recommendation. Applicants who meet the basic eligibility criteria may be asked to take part in an individual interview before final acceptance is determined.