Academic Director: Arthur O’Connor, PhD
CUNY School of Professional Studies
101 West 31st Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MS in Data Analytics and BS in Information Systems on-line degree programs at the CUNY School of Professional Studies offer students the foundational knowledge, practical skills, hands-on technical experience, and academic credentials in order to enter or advance their careers in the fast-growing fields of data science and information technology.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the BS in Information Systems will be able to:
- PLO 1: Develop foundational knowledge of computing environments and system architecture
- PLO 2: Develop foundational knowledge of computer and network security, systems analysis and business process design
- PLO 3: Develop foundational knowledge of system development lifecycle methodology
- PLO 4: Technical Track: Develop hands-on programming competency in both general purpose (Python) and database (SQL) languages
- PLO 5: General Track: Develop foundational knowledge of common business processes - accounting, marketing, HR, and supply chain management
The BS in Information Systems online degree program enables students to acquire the skills and credentials needed to enter or advance in the fields of application software programming, cybersecurity, database management and infrastructure and support.
The curriculum is composed of foundational core courses, and two tracks (management and technical), of which students will select one.
- Through the Foundational Core students will acquire the knowledge and gain experience with information systems, infrastructure and support, computer and network security, networks and data communications, enterprise architecture, systems analysis and design, e-commerce, information technology governance, business process design and project management.
- The General track focuses on business topics such as accounting, marketing, HR and supply chain management.
- The Technical track focuses on software application development, database programming and systems security.
A minimum grade of a C is required in all courses in the Information Systems major, as well as all prerequisite courses. Where there are prerequisites, a student may not progress to the next course in the sequence without having a C in the prerequisite course(s).
Applicants must possess at least 24 transferrable credits from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants need to demonstrate basic proficiency in reading, writing, and math.