CUNY School of Professional Studies
101 West 31st Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Email Contact: email@example.com
The online MA in Museum Studies curriculum allows students to study the background history and theoretical underpinnings of museums broadly while investigating and evaluating the critical importance of education, visitor experience and orientation, administration, technology, and collections management that serve and reinforce the curatorial realm and exhibition content and design. Throughout the curriculum, the underlying and constant thread is diversity and inclusiveness, a critical and often overlooked aspect of current museum practice.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the MA in Museum Studies will be able to:
- Analyze theory, history, and background of museums and public culture.
- Apply best practices regarding collections acquisitions, archival management, and care.
- Evaluate and appraise methods and styles of exhibition content development, delivery, and interpretation geared towards a range of visitors.
- Evaluate and appraise methods and styles of exhibition content development, delivery, and interpretation mindful of inclusion and diversity, including, but not limited to visitors with disabilities.
- Evaluate, appraise, and distinguish educational aspects of museum practice.
- Understand the important need for efficient and integrated administration.
- Create and curate a museum exhibition.
Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants are required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide one letter of recommendation.